Do you have issue login to Microsoft account? You want to change Microsoft account password ? You forgot Microsoft account password and want to reset ?
Please check below number of options to reset and change password.
Reset a forgotten Microsoft account password
If the password you typed is incorrect, you’ll see a message that says:
Your account or password is incorrect. If you don’t remember your password, reset it now.
- Go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
- Enter email address and Captcha code
- Depending on the contact method you chose, retype the first part of the email address or the last four digits of the phone number hinted at in the previous window. (select which option to send the verification code to)
- i.e. if you have selected mobile, please enter your mobile number and then click on text
- Microsoft will send a verification code to the email or phone number you selected.
- Go to the recovery phone or email for where you expect to receive the code.
- Paste or type the code you received and select Next.Type your new password and select Next.
How to change Password ?
If you require to change your current password
- Go to https://office.com and login with your current credential (it may automatically login to your account)
- Click your initial Icon on top right corner and then click on View Account
- Look for Password option and click on Change Password
- Now you will have option to change your current password, please enter your Old / current password and New Password
Changed password with Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys (if you have your current password)
- First, login to your computer
- Make sure your computer is connected with internet
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del keys on keyboard
- You will see similar to below window
- Select Change a password, and you will see Old password and New password option
- Please try to setup strong password (could be minimum 16 characters, combination of Alphabet and numeric, Small and capital letters and special character)
- Once you will enter your new password successfully, you may get acknowledgement that password has been changed and you can use this new password to all Microsoft login.
Still have issue with login ? Please check below some common Fixes for the login issues
Please clear your browsing history and restart browser.
- Clear browser Cache / History – CHROME
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Clear browser Cache / History – EDGE
- Click Clear data.
- Go to Settings > Profiles > Sync and select Turn off sync.
- To clear your browsing data in Microsoft Edge:
- Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy, search, and services .
- Under Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now, select Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, choose a time range from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the types of browsing data you want to clear (see the table below for descriptions).
For example, you may want to remove browsing history and cookies but keep passwords and form fill data.
- Select Clear now.